United Way of King County's mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer and take action to help people in need and solve our community's toughest challenges. Since 1967, United Way of King County's Volunteer Center has placed volunteers in meaningful jobs, given nonprofit agencies the support they need and advised businesses on how to energize their corporate volunteer programs.
Individuals: Looking to volunteer? United Way can:
- Connect you to hundreds of qualified agencies that are looking for volunteers. Search by ZIP code or your specific skills and interests. Create a volunteer profile to save your search critieria, create favorites and track volunteer hours.
- Provide a variety of training opportunities for current and potential nonprofit board members and staff.
- Help you get involved with Project LEAD: Leadership, Effectiveness And Diversity.
Community Organizations: Does your nonprofit need support? United Way can:
- Help you recruit volunteers by promoting your opportunities via our website, mailings and media, corporate connections, and volunteer fairs.
- Provide technical assistance, as well as training for volunteer and board management.
- Offer specialized services to help you maximize your resources by linking organizations with mentor and tutor programs, working on national and local initiatives, targeting key volunteer needs, and promoting volunteerism in King County.
Companies: Want your company to get more involved in volunteering? United Way can:
- Help you determine the resources your company needs to develop a volunteer program.
- Connect you to networking opportunities through our Corporate Volunteer Council.
- Bring your company into the fun of Day of Caring.
For more information about our Volunteer Center services, call 206.461.3644 or email email@example.com.
Contact United Way of King County
The inclusion of any organization or person in this database does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by United Way of King County; nor does United Way of King County sponsor or endorse any third-party web site. Legal Notices