||Stephen Heck, Chief Executive Officer, (608) 310-7313, (email)
||Board & Committee Match Position
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE: Determine policy and make broad decisions within the scope and jurisdiction of the total council organization functions to provide a quality program to the youth and families. Oversee the development and management of the long-range plan. Ensure compliance with the Bylaws of Glacier’s Edge Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- ENSURE ADEQUATE FINANCES are provided to support the program. Approve the budget, ensure fundraising and financial viability. Give a personal leadership gift, matching company gift to Friends of Scouting and other endowment or capital efforts. Assist in the solicitation for Friends of Scouting as a team captain. Actively participate on at least one” Special Event Committee” of the Council each year.
- PROMOTE SCOUTING wherever and whenever possible. Executive Board members need to be among our leading advocates in the community.
- GIVE LEADERSHIP to all phases of the council program to ensure that plans are carried out effectively and the program reaches the youth of the community. Monitor service area alignments. Approve new members of the Board and other volunteers as requested.
- MEETING ATTENDANCE: Attend at least 75% of the Executive Board Meetings and other special meetings as required.
|Skills and Expertise:
||Accounting / Auditing
Administration / Management
Banking / Finance
Computers / Technology
Marketing / Sales
Research / Evaluation