IF YOU WANT TO DONATE ITEMS or FUNDS:
Red Cross can take commercially prepared food only. They cannot take other items.
To give the following, contact one of the agencies below. Contact info & hours to follow:
Clothing, blankets, towels, household items, hygiene kits, Food—canned & dried goods
SEICAA 232.1114 x100 M – Th 7:00am – 5:30pm 641 N. 8th Avenue, Pocatello
(entrance on Bridger).
Salvation Army 232.5318 M – F 9 – 11 and 1 – 4pm 400 n. 4th Avenue, Pocatello
Aid for Friends 232.0178 9 – 5am at the admin office 555 S. 1st Avenue, Pocatello
232.5669 Emergency shelter – 653 S. 4th Avenue, Pocatello
(Open to accept donations over weekend 9am – dusk. Limited space – mainly clothing/bedding/towels/hygiene kits)
St. Vincent de Paul 478.2062 Sat 9-4pm; Tues/Thurs/Fri 9 – 5pm Welcoming all donations for victims.
855 South 2nd Avenue Pocatello, ID 83201
Deseret Industries 232.5174 Sat 10am – 9pm; M 10–6pm; T–F 10–9pm 580 Roosevelt Avenue, Pocatello
Donations will be accepted – can be marked for Fire Relief
Red Lion 233.2200 Open ALL weekend! Donation Central is set up in the Teton Room; ask at the front desk if you need help finding it. They will deliver all donated items to one or more of the agencies listed above.
You can get funds to Red Cross via one of the following ways:
• Send a check to the Boise office (146 South Cole, 83709);
• Give a check to Liz Jordan at the Red Cross Blood office in the Pine Ridge Mall, which she will forward to Boise;
• Donate online at www.redcrossidaho.org, which we tested and found it to be quick and easy. There is nowhere online to specify that the gift be used locally but you can direct it to the Idaho Chapter or to Disaster Relief.
• Give online through the United Way of Southeastern Idaho (unitedwaysei.org)—we'll ensure that 100% of the funds go directly to the Red Cross for local victims' relief—PLEASE be sure to "add special instructions to the seller" and tell us the funds are for Red Cross's local fire relief efforts.;
• Send a check to United Way (PO Box 911, Pocatello 83204) and tell us to send the funds to Red Cross for Pocatello fire relief.
This gets funds to victims in any way they need: Deposits for new living arrangements, other emergency bills, as well as clothing and other household items they need to replace.
Watch this site for updates!