ISU has formed the ISU Charlotte Fire Task Force to continue offering support to members of the ISU community and greater Pocatello community affected by the Charlotte Fire. The task force is in the process of making an accurate assessment of what is needed by those affected by fires.
In particular, they have determined that volunteers are needed to assist with removal of debris from the fire area, as there are residents who are in great need.
If you'd like to communicate what would be helpful, offer solutions or offer yourself as a potential volunteer, Call: (208) 282-4400 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information go to: http://www.isu.edu/firesupport/
Donations are still needed to assist victims with essential needs.
You can get funds to Red Cross via one of the following ways:
• Send a check to the Boise office (146 South Cole, 83709);
• Give a check to Liz Jordan at the Red Cross Blood office in the Pine Ridge Mall, which she will forward to Boise;
• Donate online at www.redcrossidaho.org, which we tested and found it to be quick and easy. There is nowhere online to specify that the gift be used locally but you can direct it to the Idaho Chapter or to Disaster Relief.
• Give online through the United Way of Southeastern Idaho (unitedwaysei.org)—we'll ensure that 100% of the funds go directly to the Red Cross for local victims' relief—PLEASE be sure to "add special instructions to the seller" and tell us the funds are for Red Cross's local fire relief efforts.;
• Send a check to United Way (PO Box 911, Pocatello 83204) and tell us to send the funds to Red Cross for Pocatello fire relief.
This gets funds to victims in specific ways: Deposits for temporary living arrangements, replacement eyeglasses, other emergency bills, as well as clothing and other household items they need to replace.