||Bruce Schlanderer, Chief Executive Officer, (616) 774-2175 ext. 104, (email)
||Project Blueprint Board Trustee Position
||We are looking for new faces around the table for our organization. Opportunities abound for involvement in our many sub-committees including our Pantry Policy Standards Committee, Brand Advancement Committee, Diversity Committee, Finance Committee, Development Committee.
Board Trustee Responsibilities:
- Completes a new Board Member orientation.
- Be committed to the mission and goals of ACCESS.
- Should have congregational involvement.
- Attend ACCESS Board Meetings held every third Friday of the month.
- Expected to attend an ACCESS “Living on the Edge” poverty simulation.
- Serve on an ACCESS standing or ad-hoc Committee.
- Review all agenda material in advance of the meeting.
- Assist in public relations and fund development activities.
- Keep Board deliberations confidential.
- Share expertise, skills, and experiences with the ACCESS ministry.
- Sign a “Conflict of Interest” form and avoid conflict of interest situations or perceived conflicts and withdraw from conversations/avoid voting where conflicts may exist.
- Support the ACCESS ministry with financial gifts, as able, and encourage others to contribute to the ministry.
- Abide and support the vote of the majority (Recognize that the Board President and Executive Director/CEO are the primary spokespersons for the Board).
- Monitor fiscal management and organizational effectiveness of the ACCESS ministry.
- Represent the Board and not any specific constituency (i.e. gender, occupation, race, etc.)
- Serve a term of three years