Holiday Volunteer Tips
Holiday needs are listed here.
Volunteering and donating are wonderful ways to share the joy of the season, and to make the experience even better, here are a few holiday tips:
- Plan ahead: holiday volunteer opportunities fill up quickly.
- Invite friends and family to join you…this could become a healthy habit!
- Be flexible: non-profits are very busy during the holidays. The interests you have might not match their needs. Venture outside your comfort zone if you really want to help.
- Donations: When making donations during the holidays, keep in mind that gifts for agency clients such as toys, clothing and other donated goods should be new unless otherwise noted. Some wish list items are to support agencies, not clients, so that the agency can provide the best service possible to their clients. Please contact the agency directly before you begin a collection drive as their needs may have changed or already been taken care of by another generous person or group.
- Above all, have fun in the spirit of the season and know that you are making a difference.