Volunteers can be nominated in one of the following five categories:
- Youth Volunteer: Individual volunteer 18 years or younger
- Adult Volunteer: Individual volunteer between the ages 19-54
- Senior Adult Volunteer: Individual volunteer age 55 and older
- Group Volunteers: Two or more volunteers who worked as a team, collaboratively on a specific project
- Business Volunteers: A business that engages employees in volunteerism and is innovative in its use of resources toward volunteer projects
Nomination guidelines and entry forms can be found on the United Way website: www.uweci.org.
Members of UWECI's William B. Quarton Society will review the nominations and select three finalists in each category. Finalists will then be announced and the community will have the opportunity to vote online for the winners.
Finalists will be invited to United Way's Volunteer Recognition Breakfast on Friday, April 29, where winners of each category will be announced. Winners will be recognized and awarded $500 which will be donated to the nonprofit organization of their choice.
If you have questions about the nomination process, please contact Sue Driscoll at (319) 398-5372, ext. 22 or firstname.lastname@example.org.