Welcome to the agency registration for Cape Cod Volunteers!
We recommend you print these instructions for later reference. It takes about 15-30 minutes to complete the one-time agency registration and create a thorough agency profile. Once you have finished signing up your agency, a confirmation email will be sent to your inbox. To sign up:
Enter your agency's name at the bottom of this page. This step ensures that someone else in your organization has not already entered your information. If your agency could be listed a few different ways, please try entering all possible variations to prevent duplicate listings. For example, if your agency name is called "Cape Cod & Volunteers," please try searching for "Cape Cod and Volunteers" as well. If your agency is also commonly known by its acronym, please try both the full agency name and the acronym. If in doubt, contact us (508-362-0242) to prevent duplicating work. You can also see if your agency is already listed on our site by looking at the alphabetical list of agencies on our website: http://www.capecodvolunteers.org/org/dir-A-1.html
When you click "Sign Up!," you will be asked for more detailed information about your agency. Please note:
To register or post opportunities, you have to fill out a form on the website. We strongly recommend you open the form but type your responses into a Word document first so you can save them. Then copy/paste the information into the website form. Although you can click "Save and Continue" as you fill out the registration form and opportunity forms, the information doesn't actually save until the form has been completed and submitted to the administrator.
The website provides "feedback" if you have misspelled words or left some of the form blank. However, as long as you have completed all required sections (marked with a red asterisk) you should be able to move forward by clicking the "Continue" button.
After filling out the information about your agency, you can list as many volunteer opportunities or events as you need. These opportunities and events are essential for volunteers to find out about your agency. At least one volunteer opportunity posting is required. All one-time opportunities are automatically shown on the monthly calendar.
The following information will be useful in creating an agency profile and listing volunteer opportunities:
- Primary agency contact's up-to-date email, phone number and address. Our website requires that you identify a "primary contact" for your agency. There is room for other people to list their contact information, but the email, name, and phone number you list in "primary contact" will receive the most inquiries. If you already have a general phone/email address for your agency (such as an "info@" email address) it might be helpful to list that.
- Password for your agency to later update its information
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) -- optional
- Agency's Mission statement
- Agency description of services statement
- Coordinator's name, phone and address for agency listing
- Titles of opportunity listings, descriptions, and dates (where applicable)
Other agencies have provided useful tips for posting your agency listing and volunteer opportunities here.
Your agency listing and opportunities will not go live on the site until they have been approved by the administrator. This can take up to 48 hours. Thank you for signing up!