About Barry County United Way & Volunteer Center
What We do:
The Volunteer Center of Barry County serves volunteers, agencies and organizations. Area residents are able to learn more about what types of volunteer positions are available, what the qualifications are for those positions, and what hours are required.
Many organizations use the Volunteer Center as a central clearing house for volunteer recruitment, including United Way agencies, the Barry Community Foundation and Pennock Hospital. The center can also be used by any organization needing volunteers, such as schools, churches, and even community service organizations like the Jaycees and Kiwanis.
The Volunteer Center helps you by:
* Offering a variety of volunteer opportunities with flexible scheduling.
* Matching the volunteer interests with the needs of the organizations and agencies.
* Registering individuals for volunteer placement at no cost.
* Providing current listings of volunteer opportunities with local non-profit organizations and agencies.
* Channeling financial support to enhance community service.
* Recruiting and referring volunteers.
* Supporting community service programs.
* Acting as a resource for information and training on volunteer management.
* Ensuring the accessibility of our services for everyone in the community.
* Promoting volunteerism in the community.
* Contribute your talents and knowledge
* Make a difference in someone's life
* Meet interesting people
* Learn and grow while you give
* Develop new skills
* Explore new areas of interest
* Gain new experiences
* Build confidence
The inclusion of any organization or person in this database does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by Barry County United Way & Volunteer Center; nor does Barry County United Way & Volunteer Center sponsor or endorse any third-party web site.