THE SENIORS IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD NEED YOU!!!!
Active Oct 2, 2005 to Dec 2, 2005
The Seniors In Your Neighborhood Need You!
The Geriatric Wellness Center of Collin County has started a new program, "Project Independence," for seniors after they are discharged from Medical Center of McKinney. We're looking for volunteers to become Client Advocates.
What is it?
· Frail seniors that don't have adequate family/government support after discharge will be identified by Medical Center of McKinney hospital staff
· Client Advocate will then provide practical assistance (i.e. errand assistance, etc.) a couple of hours per week for a temporary (typically 6-8 week) time period during the senior's recovery
· Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older;
· Possess a Texas Driver's License and Automobile Insurance;
· Be willing to complete a criminal background check and driving record review.
· Volunteers will attend 1 training session prior to placement.
· Bilingual language skills a plus but not required.
Please contact the Project Independence Supervisor, Elizabeth Kent, LMSW at (972)941-7335 to become an invaluable link to senior independence!
Sponsored by Geriatric Wellness Center of Collin County.
If you'd like, take a look at past spotlights
The inclusion of any organization or person in this database does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by Volunteer McKinney; nor does Volunteer McKinney sponsor or endorse any third-party web site.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mike Foster, President
Trish Yanes, Vice President
City of McKinney
Lisa Bourassa, Secretary
Private Algebra Tutor
Patrick J. Cloutier, AAMS CRPC
Ink and Toner Texas
P31 Resource Networking
Burress Snellings Law Firm
Wilkerson Insurance Agency
Summit Park I, Suite 150
2150 South Central Expwy
McKinney, TX 75070
(972) 542-0679 office