Freedom Quilts creates unique, personalized quilts for family members who have lost a loved one. Efforts are dedicated to families who lost a loved one in the 9/11 tragedy and to the families of fallen soldiers.
Join us for 3 days of celebration, solidarity and remembrance on September 9th thru 11th.
September 9th — A Touch of Broadway
Experience a special performance by A Touch of Broadway, a talented troupe based in Northwest Iowa.
Ticket proceeds will support 9/11 and fallen soldiers' families.
Date & Time: September 9th at 7:00pm
Location: King's Pointe in Storm Lake, Iowa (map)
September 10th — Honor Ride
Get your motorcycle, rev up that engine, and join us for the Honor Ride! The Honor Ride promises to be a full day of fun and celebration to show our unity and support of 9/11 and fallen soldiers' families. The Honor Ride will begin at the Storm Lake Honda Shop and will conclude at King's Pointe. Don't have a motorcycle? Join us anyway! Cheer on the riders and join us for plenty of post-ride family-fun at King's Pointe.
Join the Honor Ride
- Sign Up will take place at the Storm Lake Honda Shop (map) from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. The Honor Ride route will end at King's Pointe.
- Registration Fee is $15.00 and will go directly to Freedom Quilts to help us continue to give comfort to the families of our fallen.
Post-Ride Family Fun
- Enjoy a live performance by the band Slow Jam and singers Lilly Peterson and Sara Sennert.
- Don't miss out on door prizes, an auction and raffle.
- Add your name to the Freedom Quilts 10th Anniversary Quilt for 9/11 Families. For a $5.00 donation, you can sign this special quilt and be one of the Iowans who remembered the 9/11 families.
September 11th — Memorial Ceremony
On September 11th, we are asking bikers to join us in the memorial ceremony honoring both 9/11 and fallen soldiers' families. The ride will start at King's Pointe in Storm Lake around 2:00 p.m. We will then head to St. Mary's Catholic Gym for the ceremony. We are looking for as many bikers with flags to ride ahead to escort fallen soldiers' families. Spencer Legion Riders will also join us to help honor the families.
For more information on these events, please contact
Betty Nielsen, founder of Freedom Quilts
712-288-5328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.