Welcome to the United Way of the Greater Seacoast Volunteer Action Center (VAC).
Whether you're looking to become a volunteer, make it easier for your business colleagues to participate, or recruit volunteers for your organization, we can help.
INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS:
If you want to volunteer, the VAC provides these services...
- Referral Program
- The Volunteer Action Center works with over 250 organizations in and around Rockingham and Strafford Counties, NH and Kittery & Eliot, ME. We maintain an on-line database with hundreds of volunteer positions and projects for individuals and groups. Whether you have a single day, one evening per month, or one hour per week, you can find an opportunity that's right for you. If you would like to speak to the VAC staff for help in finding a volunteer opportunity, contact us at l (603) 373-9105; or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The VAC also referrs individuals to projects needing professional skills (SkillsMatch) and nonprofitboards of directors (BoardMatch).
- Don't see what you're looking for on the website? Contact us for personal assistance.
If you'd like your company to get involved, the VAC provides these services...
- Consultation - The Volunteer Action Center is your resource for tools, ideas, and best practices relating to Corporate Volunteerism. Employee volunteer programs benefit the company, the employee and the community. The Volunteer Action Center staff can provide assistance to companies interested in enhancing their corporate citizenship programs in
- setting community involvement goals.
- developing a program and promoting employee volunteer involvement.
- selecting appropriate volunteer opportunities aligned to your mission.
- matching your business to a specific agency partner for strategic alliances. If interested, contact Robin Albert at (603) 373-9105 or email@example.com
- Referral Program - The Volunteer Action Center provides referrals to individuals or employee groups throughout the year based on the availability, location, and interest of the volunteer or group. We work with??over 200 area organizations that engage volunteers in providing meaningful service. Register to receive email updates of volunteer opportunities that align with your interests.
- On-site Company Collection Drive - We will link your company with agency in need of food, clothing, school supplies, etc. for an on-site company collection drive.
- Recycle Your Company's Stuff - The Volunteer Action Center's GoodsMatch Donation program matches surplus and gently-used products, supplies and equipment from local companies with nonprofit agencies in need. If your company is upgrading computers, moving to new offices or has a warehouse full of new T-shirts, you could give these items a new home in the nonprofit community.
- Day of Caring - Organized annually, the Day of Caring is a one-day event in September that mobilizes 1500+ community volunteers. Individuals and groups, largely from area businesses, participate in service projects at non-profit agencies throughout the region. Participation in the Day of Caring is a great way to get your company and employees involved in learning first-hand how United Way agencies improve peoples' lives and build better communities. Contact Robin Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 373-9105
If your organization would like support, the VAC provides these services...
- Volunteer Recruitment - The Volunteer Action Center maintains a searchable website of hundreds of volunteer opportunities at partner organizations throughout the Greater Seacoast. Partner organizations may advertise volunteer opportunities for one time, short term, or long term positions. You can register your agency on this website.
- BoardMatch Program - Post your board positions/openings on line. Prospective candidates can upload their resumets directly to the person who should receive them.
- Volunteer Management Workshops - The VAC offers workshops and discussion groups around topics of concern for those who work with volunteers. Past topics have included "Writing Service Descriptions", "Customer Service", "Preparing a Winning Presentation" and "Risk Management." Contact Robin Albert for more information at (603) 436-5554 or email@example.com
- GoodsMatch Donations Program Receive information about products and services donated by area businesses and individuals that are available to VAC partner organizations.
- Regional Volunteer Recognition - The United Way of the Greater Seacoast Volunteer Action Center sponsors three regional awards that recognize the contributions of volunteers: The Douglas Eldridge Award, The Richard Lockhart Award, and The Spirit of the Seacoast Award. Nomination are accepted in November and June.
- Days of Caring - Organized in September and May, the Days of Caring are one-day events that mobilizes about 2,000 community volunteers. Individuals and groups, largely from area businesses, participate in service projects at non-profit agencies throughout the region.
- Monthly Newsletter - Partner organizations receive a newsletter with announcements, resources, and articles regarding volunteerism.
- Consultation - The VAC staff is available to meet with your staff regarding your organization's volunteer program and individual concerns, questions, etc.
- Corporate Connections - The VAC works with local businesses to facilitate relationships between employee volunteers and area non-profits.
- How does an organization become a VAC partner? Register on this website or call the Volunteer Action Center at (603) 436-5554 to arrange an orientation. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The orientation includes a review of services, and training regarding listing volunteer opportunities on the web.
For more information about United Way of the Greater Seacoast visit our website:
Or contact the United Way of the Greater Seacoast Volunteer Action Center
The inclusion of any organization or person in this database does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by United Way of the Greater Seacoast; nor does United Way of the Greater Seacoast sponsor or endorse any third-party web site.