||Two Board Members needed: 1)Fundraising at Board Level or 2) Financial Planning Experience
||For Fiscal Year 2013 beginning in July of 2012, we are actively recruiting for one board member with fundraising/development experience at the board level and one new board member with financial planning endowments, investment tools)experience.
Board Member Role Description
The Duffy Health Center Board performs various functions for the Duffy Health Center. It plans, advises and generally assists the officers and employees responsible for the operation of the services and programs. The Board assists in coordinating fundraising and community relations and other activities of the Duffy Health Center. They maintain an overview of policy and strategic direction rather than being involved in day-to-day operations. The role of the Board is summarized below:
Vision and Leadership
• To be committed to the vision, mission and values of Duffy Health Center
• To provide strategic direction, including agreeing and monitoring strategic plans
• To keep informed of the activities of the organization and the wider issues that affect
• To ensure the work of the organization is monitored and evaluated.
Accountability & Legal Responsibilities
• To ensure the organization complies with its governing documents
• To ensure the organization keeps to the law, including charity and company law.
• To ensure the organization makes efficient use of resources, in particular that all monies are applied to its objects, agreed plans and budgets.
• To ensure that risks to the organization, staff, volunteers and service users are at an acceptable level and are effectively managed.
• To be accountable to membership, funders and other stakeholders
Financial & Staff Management
• To understand the financial position of the organization
• To ensure the organization’s finances are properly managed
• To ensure the organization operates within its agreed accounting policies
• To ensure adequate financial resources for the organization
• To contribute to fundraising strategies
• To ensure the organization is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities
• To ensure the organization is a responsible employer and adheres to legislation
• To effectively support the CEO
Qualities and Skills of Board Members
• Good leadership skills
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s mission & values
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Impartiality and fairness
• Ability to respect confidences
Time Commitment Required
• The term of office for Board members is three years. The role generally requires a commitment of 4 hours per month.
|Skills and Expertise:
||Accounting / Auditing