· Co-sponsored by local businesses, the Center coordinates Days of Caring. This yearly event mobilizes over 2,300 volunteers in citywide projects.
· The Center serves nonprofit organizations by offering training, technical assistance, consultations and other resources pertaining to the administration of volunteer management programs.
· An annual gala, Night of a Thousand Stars, is the largest volunteer recognition event in this community.
· Feast of Sharing is an annual event sponsored by H-E-B, in which the Volunteer Center takes a leadership role by recruiting, training and managing over 1,000 community volunteers who help serve a holiday dinner to those who are hungry or lonely.
· The Volunteer Center provides consultation to companies seeking to develop their own corporate volunteer programs.
· The Center coordinates youth volunteer opportunities and coordinates projects for national programs such as Global Youth Service Day.