About United Way of Massachusetts Bay, Inc.
About United Way of Mass Bay
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is a nonprofit organization with a proven track record for helping individuals achieve their own limitless potential. It is our priority to effect positive change by reducing the barriers to social and economic opportunity, especially for children and families facing multiple obstacles. Investments are targeted to four interdependent areas: Healthy Child Development, Increasing Youth Opportunities, Sustainable Employment, Affordable Housing. Through public policy, volunteer mobilization, and by raising and guiding the investment of over $40 million dollars annually in a diverse portfolio of community based organizations, we open the doors to social and economic opportunity. For more information, please visit uwmb.org.
Volunteer Solutions is a nonprofit organization founded in 1997 by a group of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) students, recipients of MIT's prestigious Entrepreneurship Award. They developed an exciting website, supported by a comprehensive database of volunteer opportunities.
This partnership brings together the strength of each organization - United Way's longstanding relationships with local volunteer programs and Volunteer Solutions' web expertise.
Individuals:If you want to volunteer...
- Currently there are hundreds of qualified agencies in our database that are looking for volunteers. Search by keyword, zip code or your specific skills and interests to find the right opportunity. If you would like to talk to a Volunteer representative to help you find an opportunity to volunteer, call 1-877-UVOLUNTEER.
- BoardBank: Nonprofit organizations are seeking the skills of talented people to serve on nonprofit boards of directors. BoardBank helps individuals find the right place for them and nonprofit boards get connected.
Corporate Volunteer Connections:Resources and Ideas to Maximize Your Company's Volunteer Efforts.
We have recently launched our Online Toolkit for Corporate Volunteer Programs. Whether you are planning for your first company volunteer project or looking for ways to improve your existing corporate volunteer program, this toolkit has a wide variety of resources that can help.
Click here to get started!
If your nonprofit organization needs support... United Way:
- Helps you recruit volunteers. We promote your opportunities through mailings to over 800 businesses, schools, libraries and individuals; the internet; public relations events like volunteer fairs; and the media.
- Provides technical assistance. We provide effective, low-cost volunteer management training, plus on-site, individualized consultations for nonprofit managers.
- Offers specialized services. We offer board development through our BoardBank, Corporate Connections, Special Seasonal Referrals and National Volunteer Week perks.
For more information, call us toll-free at: 1-877-U-VOLUNTEER.
For more information about United Way of Massachusetts Bay, visit our website: www.uwmb.org