Click to return to the Arlington County homepage


Powered by Truist

Authorized Representatives Needed For Persons With Developmental Disabilities

RSS XML FeedBackground Active Sep 15, 2006 to Oct 1, 2006

Some persons with developmental disabilities are unable to give informed consent about the services they need.  It might be their inability to understand the services, or their inability to communicate their consent which creates the need for an authorized representative (AR).  An AR is not a legal guardian.  An AR makes decisions only about selected services provided by Arlington County.  Volunteers willing to become ARs receive training from the County and get to know the persons they will support, before being appointed by a County staff member.  Call the Arlington County Department of Human Services, Aging & Disabilities Division (703-228-1700), if you would like more information. 

If you'd like, take a look at past spotlights



Contact Volunteer Arlington

The inclusion of any organization or person in this database does not constitute a representation, warranty, or endorsement with respect to the competence, suitability, or reliability of such organization or person by Volunteer Arlington; nor does Volunteer Arlington sponsor or endorse any third-party web site. Legal Notices

Volunteer Arlington logo
2100 Washington Blvd
3rd Floor
Arlington, Virginia 22204
Tel: 703-228-1760
TTY: 703-228-1398
Fax: 703-228-1013

Find us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter Twitter bird

An affiliate of

Hands On Network logo